Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Statler

I’m planning to use EmEditor on Windows 7×64. As I’ve seen from the trial version on x86 EmEditor installs itself also as a shell extension into explorer. I assume that will be the same on x64 with Windows Explorer and that’s fine with me.
    On the other hand, most of the time I’m using a 32-bit Explorer replacement. Is the shell extension for EmEditor x64 compatible with 32-bit applications? Or is there another method to get the extension for both worlds, like installing 32-bit and 64-bit versions side by side?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Statler wrote:
    I’m planning to use EmEditor on Windows 7×64. As I’ve seen from the trial version on x86 EmEditor installs itself also as a shell extension into explorer. I assume that will be the same on x64 with Windows Explorer and that’s fine with me.
    On the other hand, most of the time I’m using a 32-bit Explorer replacement. Is the shell extension for EmEditor x64 compatible with 32-bit applications? Or is there another method to get the extension for both worlds, like installing 32-bit and 64-bit versions side by side?

The shell extension for x64 version is only for x64 Explorer.

You could install both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of EmEditor although not supported. The shortcut (on Start menu) to run EmEditor and the tray icon might be shared.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.