Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LifeTimer
    Participant

The new Cell Selection Mode of EmEditor is really great!

I’m really missing a shortcut to manually enter “edit mode” for the currently selected cell though (i.e. the equivalent of double-clicking the cell), since having to reach for the mouse each time I should edit a cell is really killing the really efficient workflow that the Cell Selection Mode has otherwise provided.

Is there a shortcut for this already that I’m just missing? I didn’t manage to find anything about it in the help?

I would really suggest making F2 the default shortcut for this, since Excel uses that for the same purpose (and it’s also more or less the de-facto standard shortcut in Windows for “edit currently selected item”). If not, could I otherwise customize it to be F2 (i.e. what’s the name of the command I should make a shortcut for in that case)?

Thanks as usual for your great support!

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can use the ENTER key to edit the current cell, but you can also assign the “Edit Cell” command to F2. The F2 key had been assigned to another command, so I didn’t want to change the current key assignments.

Thank you,

LifeTimer
    Participant

Excellent, thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.