Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    briank07

Hi,

Recently I’ve encountered a problem where, when I save a file, it takes a few seconds and the cursor disappears during that period. I was using EmEditor 7 and had the problem, and now I’m using emeditor 8 and am still having the problem. Other text editors work fine…is there any setting that might be causing this?

Thanks for the help,

Brian

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

briank07 wrote:
    Hi,

Recently I’ve encountered a problem where, when I save a file, it takes a few seconds and the cursor disappears during that period. I was using EmEditor 7 and had the problem, and now I’m using emeditor 8 and am still having the problem. Other text editors work fine…is there any setting that might be causing this?

Thanks for the help,

Brian

Are you dealing with a large file? How large is it? Are you saving a file to a network folder? Any other details that might reproduce this issue?

briank07

It is not a large file at all. Indeed, the problem happens — and the delay is the same length — even saving an empty file.

It is a file on a network drive. Upon further investigation, it seems local files aren’t slow to save. However, saving files on a network drive with other programs poses no issue. Also, a coworker accessing files on the same drive with EmEditor and a machine with the same setup also has no problems. Restarting EmEditor and the computer both have no effect.

My system is Vista 32 bit, sp1.

Thanks again for the help.

-Brian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.