Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    pja
    Participant

Hi!

I’m not sure whether this post should be in this list or the suggestions list but here goes…

I am developing my own snippets and have come up against a rather annoying problem. The snippets plugin seems to want to sort the snippets within my snippets folder. I am trying to arrange my snippets in a functional order and don’t want them in alphabetic (or any of the other provided orders) I just want them left the way I want them ordered.

EditPlus has a simple solution (I’ll quote from a clip text file):

#TITLE=normal(dot)html
    #INFO
    This Clip Lib is designed to be the HTML equivalent to

Created: Sunday, 16 December 2007
    Modified: Monday, 27 July 2009

#SORT=n

#T=Blank HTML page

^!

The “#SORT” statement turns sorting on or off.

Can something similar be done with snippets? If not could it please be considered for a future release.

Regards,
    Peter

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello pja,

You can add numbering in front of snippet titles, but that’s the only way I can think of. I might consider the sorting option in the future. Thanks for your inputs!

pja
    Participant

Numbering the snippets looks very ugly; adding a “no sort” option to a future release would be very nice thank you :-D

Regards,
    Peter

pja
    Participant

Hi!

Can you tell me whether the option to sort/not sort snippets has been added to EmEditor yet?

If not; do you have any idea when (if) it might be added?

Sorry to nag about this feature but I (and I guess other serious snippet users) would find this useful. :-?

Regards,
    Peter

CrashNBurn

Looks like it has been to me.

Have you tried right-clicking in the snippet plugin/view?

Arrange By->

———
    Name
    Type
    Text
    Tip
    Trigger
    ———
    Ascending
    Descending
    ———-
    Auto Arrange

And as far as I can tell, you can drag snippets up and down, and move them where you like.

Though no ListBox headers/sorting. Just the context menu items.

pja
    Participant

CrashNBurn,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I have seen these new settings and I know you can drag snippets up and down the list. However, the dragging solution is not permanent. Close down EmEditor and restart it and the snippets are back in sorted order – very frustrating.

What I am after is a “NO SORT” option. I have resorted to numbering snippets to get around the problem – very tacky! :-x

If I’m not doing this correctly, then any help in using these settings would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Peter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.