Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TommyMills

Okay, please don’t hate me for asking this if it has already, I truly did use the search here, and even googled this site and couldn’t find the answer.

So I made a new custom configuration for a new customized programming language with a custom extension “JPR”. In said custom configuration, I set the default extension to “JPR”. The problem is that when I open the files in EmEditor, the default configuration switches to “text”, and I have to switch it to JPR configuration manually every time.. How can I have it switch to my custom JPR configuration when I open the files automatically like it does for PHP, Perl, Javascript, etc scripts do?

I have the trial/evaluation edition of 8.1.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

TommyMills wrote:
    Okay, please don’t hate me for asking this if it has already, I truly did use the search here, and even googled this site and couldn’t find the answer.

So I made a new custom configuration for a new customized programming language with a custom extension “JPR”. In said custom configuration, I set the default extension to “JPR”. The problem is that when I open the files in EmEditor, the default configuration switches to “text”, and I have to switch it to JPR configuration manually every time.. How can I have it switch to my custom JPR configuration when I open the files automatically like it does for PHP, Perl, Javascript, etc scripts do?

I have the trial/evaluation edition of 8.1.

That is no problem. Open the JPR configuration properties, and select Association tab, and then make sure JPR is in the list of the Associated Extensions. I hope this helps.

TommyMills

Ah, indeed that does.

When I saw “associations”, I immediately thought of windows making EmEditor the default file opener if I added the JPR to it, because that’s the “common assumption” of file associations. But now I see that’s what it means in this case.

A little confusing on terms, but I’m just happy it works now!

Thanks a lot! ;]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.