Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Salabim
    Participant

Hi,

I chose to use .ini files for making a backup of my settings, however, I noticed that it doesn’t start up as fast as when it used the registry. Is there any way to make it use the registry again please ?

I tried deleting the eeUseIni.ini file, but then I lost all my configuration and macro- and snippets changes I made inbetween them.

Please, How can I make it use the registry again, with current configuration ?

Thanks a lot.

ToadLoadin

Salabim wrote:
    Hi,

I chose to use .ini files for making a backup of my settings, however, I noticed that it doesn’t start up as fast as when it used the registry. Is there any way to make it use the registry again please ?

I tried deleting the eeUseIni.ini file, but then I lost all my configuration and macro- and snippets changes I made inbetween them.

Please, How can I make it use the registry again, with current configuration ?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Salabim,

You can choose “Import personal INI files to the Registry”, from the “Import and Export Wizard”, which sits under the “Tools” menu. :-)

Salabim
    Participant

Hello ToadLoadin,

Unfortunately, when I choose Tools/Import and Export… I only get 1 option :

Set up a removable drive such as a USB drive with default settings.
    No other options appear :-(

ToadLoadin

Hi Salabim,

I guess your EmEditor will run at portable mode while your ini setting files are still in there, so you can’t find the choices in my screenshot. :-)

How about move them to a seperate folder, then try again? I think the ini setting files are:

Salabim
    Participant

Thanks a lot for the help Toad,

I tried that, but I had to do all configuration changes (including snippets, macro’s, and personal settings) from scratch.

Now, I really would like to know if it is possible to backup the COMPLETE configuration in some way to extract the necessary registry information into a file, so that I can easily put my configuration back completely in cause of when I need to do a system restore for whatever reason. (I’m regularly screwing my system badly when I’m fiddling with media conversion tools which I’m beta testing, StaxRip, MeGUI, and others…)

So, If anyone knows the registry entries which all have to be exported so I’m sure I backuped ALL settings into 1 or more .reg files, please let me know.

Thanks a lot. :)

ToadLoadin

Hi Salabim,

You can backup your settings into a .reg file via the “Export all personal settings into a file” command, wich is the first choice listed in the “Import and Export Wizard”. :-)

Salabim
    Participant

Thanks you so much, you’re a hero Toad ! :-)

[SOLVED] :-D

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.