Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Salabim
    Participant

Hi,

Every time I open files in EmEditor, by doubleclicking in explorer, EmEditor opens the document, but it doesn’t get focus, I cannot use the arrows to scroll through the document, I first have to click in it with the mouse.

Please, what is wrong, how can I get the document to automatically have focus ?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Salabim wrote:
    Hi,

Every time I open files in EmEditor, by doubleclicking in explorer, EmEditor opens the document, but it doesn’t get focus, I cannot use the arrows to scroll through the document, I first have to click in it with the mouse.

Please, what is wrong, how can I get the document to automatically have focus ?

Please let me know which OS you use and which version of EmEditor you use. Thanks!

Salabim
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,

EmEditor version : 8.06

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Salabim wrote:
    Hi Yutaka,

EmEditor version : 8.06

I can’t reproduce that problem. However, can you try Version 9 beta. The new version fixes various small bugs, so it might fix your issue, too. Thanks!

Salabim
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,

Same problem with v9.0beta2 :-(

Salabim
    Participant

Yutaka,

Problem is solved ! :)

I’ve had a program running (Filebox eXtender) which extends the Save/Save As/Open dialogs with any shortcuts you want for faster navigation, but for some reason it didn’t play nice with EmEditor. I had more problems with other programs due to this program, I’ve configured Filebox eXtender to not attach it to EmEditor.exe at all, and now everything is fine.

Seems like this Filebox eXtender is no longer developed for a reason, I’ve had to disable it for a whole bunch of programs which it didn’t work fine with.

Sorry for bothering you once more with a problem that wasn’t related to this fine Editor.

Thanks again Yutaka !

[SOLVED]

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Salabim wrote:
    Yutaka,

Problem is solved ! :)

I’ve had a program running (Filebox eXtender) which extends the Save/Save As/Open dialogs with any shortcuts you want for faster navigation, but for some reason it didn’t play nice with EmEditor. I had more problems with other programs due to this program, I’ve configured Filebox eXtender to not attach it to EmEditor.exe at all, and now everything is fine.

Seems like this Filebox eXtender is no longer developed for a reason, I’ve had to disable it for a whole bunch of programs which it didn’t work fine with.

Sorry for bothering you once more with a problem that wasn’t related to this fine Editor.

Thanks again Yutaka !

[SOLVED]

That is good to know. Thanks for letting me know you solved the issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.