Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nazgulled
    Participant

I’m trying to move from EditPlus 2 to EmEditor cause EditPlus development seems to have ceased and EmEditor looks like a text editor with a lot of future and with active development, also, it looks much better than EditPlus.

So far, what I’m missing in EmEditor that EditPlus has, is this:

– Document tabs in the bottom portion of the window. You could just allows to move the toolbars to wherever we want or please add an option to have the document tabs in the bottom.

– Extend the Replace feature to search & replace in all open documents just the way “Search All Open Documents” works in the Find feature, the difference, is that it will find something in all documents and replace it with something else.

With these 2 features, I think I can uninstall EditPlus 2 from my system forever…

Nazgulled
    Participant

Any input from the developers would be nice…

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

As I posted a similar message elsewhere, I really would like to implement replace string feature in column selection. I don’t know about the tab location, but I understand your request. I cannot make any promises. Thanks for your opinions!

Nazgulled
    Participant

By “column selection”, you mean, open documents? Or something else?

And about the tab locations, I’ve read around the forums and I’m not the only one that wants this and it shouldn’t be so hard to allow it to be attached at the bottom…

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Sorry, I mean open documents, not column selection. Alternatively, you can create a macro to replace strings in open documents. If you cannot write a macro, I will write one for you, so please let me know.

Nazgulled
    Participant

But I don’t like macros, and I don’t think it’s the best way to do this. In my opinion, this feature should be implemented. :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.