Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    shx
    Participant

It used to be that when I select a line then hit the tab key the line would be moved over based on the tab.

Now the line gets replaced by the tab.

I do not have “replace tabs with space” setting turned on.

Because of this I can no longer select multiple lines and tab them.

What happened

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

shx wrote:
    It used to be that when I select a line then hit the tab key the line would be moved over based on the tab.

Now the line gets replaced by the tab.

I do not have “replace tabs with space” setting turned on.

Because of this I can no longer select multiple lines and tab them.

What happened

It should work. You will have to select multiple lines. If you select a single line or a portion of a line, the selection will be only replaced by a tab.

shx
    Participant

Yutaka wrote:
    You will have to select multiple lines.

I did select multiple lines and it still does not work. I know it used to work.

So I installed EMeditor on another computer and the tab worked. Then I exportedimported my settings from the one that does not work into the new one and it also stopped working.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

shx wrote:

Yutaka wrote:

So I installed EMeditor on another computer and the tab worked. Then I exportedimported my settings from the one that does not work into the new one and it also stopped working.

Would you please email me at [email protected] with the exported settings after zipped? I will try to reproduce your issue. Thank you.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Yutaka wrote:

shx wrote:

Yutaka wrote:

Would you please email me at [email protected] with the exported settings after zipped? I will try to reproduce your issue. Thank you.

I received your email. Thanks!
    I imported your settings, and I reproduced your issue. The issue was somehow your TAB was not assigned to “Indent” command any more. Please go to configuration properties, Keyboard tab, select “Edit” category and “Indent” command, press TAB in the text box and click “Assign” button. This will resolve the issue. I will try to reproduce your other issue about restore workspace shortly.

shx
    Participant

I sent it. Thank you for your help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.