Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bill_Stewart
    Participant

Goal: Only auto-indent when line above contains at least one non-whitespace character.

Fresh install of 11.0.5

Copy ‘Pascal’ configuration (makes ‘Pascal2’)

Select new ‘Pascal2’ configuration

Go to Tools->Properties for Current Configuration->General tab, click Tab/Indent button

Use following settings:

* Enable Auto Indent
    * Use Regular Expressions
    * Tab columns: 4
    * Indent columns: 4

Begin Indent: (empty field)
    End Indent: (empty field)
    End of Statement: (empty field)
    Ignore After (Regular Expression): ^s*$

This does not work as I expected: If I press Enter and line above is empty or has only whitespace, I get an indent.

If I uncheck the “Use Regular Expressions” option, it then works as I expected: Indent is only inserted if previous line contains at least one non-whitespace character.

Question: Is this the expected behavior, or am I not understanding these options correctly?

Thanks

Bill

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

Can you please try the latest beta version at http://www.emeditor.com/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=12 and see if you can reproduce the issue?

If you can reproduce the issue, I would appreciate if you can explain the details how I could reproduce the issue.

Thank you!

Bill_Stewart
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,

I downloaded latest 11.1.9 beta 32-bit portable and the problem is exactly the same: Uncheck “Use regular expressions”, and “ignore after” works. Check it again, and “ignore after” does not work.

To reproduce, follow exact steps at beginning of thread.

Thanks!

Bill

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

I reproduced this issue, and I now understand. I fixed the issue on v11.1.10. I apologize not trying to reproduce the issue earlier.

Thank you!

Bill_Stewart
    Participant

Thanks!

Bill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.