Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jamil
    Participant

There was an issue related to macros that I noticed when the default installed macros did not show correct icons on the toolbar. This issue happens if you install EmEditor under your own Windows user account and not for all users. The issue is that EmEditor looks for macros at the shared location and not under the user installed location. Hence the macros cannot be found and the icons do not show properly.

I completely uninstalled EmEditor removing all settings then installed is a second time for all users. After doing this, the macros showed their icons and they were found. I noticed this issue for quite some time under my Windows 10 virtual machine. I had been upgrading EmEditor for some time. I am not sure if this is an issue from an older build that propagated to the latest version, or if this issue still exists in the latest build.

Jamil
    Participant

My Windows 7 virtual machine does have EmEditor installed under my local account only. It does not have the issue of not finding macros, and this was a new install of only the latest version. Based on this, it seems this was an old issue from an older build on my Windows 10 VM.

It looks like this is no longer an issue.

Jamil
    Participant

What I suspect happened that caused this issue is that at some point I changed the install location for EmEditor from all users to single user or vice versa. I believe that the option to keep all registry settings then does not update the macros location that resulted in this issue. The question is does it make sense to always update the macro location regardless of the install option to keep all existing settings? If it did always update this, I would never had experienced this issue.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Thanks for info. I will try to reproduce the issue and if I can fix this issue. Thank you!

Jamil
    Participant

Thanks.

I just tried to reproduce it under my Windows 10 VM, but I failed to do so. I have no idea how I managed to encounter this issue. It is possible that this was already fixed at some point in time.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Yes, newer versions use $(AppDir)\Macros\ for the macro paths to prevent from pointing different folders when installed folder was changed, but older versions didn’t use this $(AppDir) macro for paths. Thank you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.