Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mcdogfood
    Participant

Hiya

Been using EmEditor for years, and I really love it. I have one gripe.

Every so often, the keyboard changes to US layout, so that when I type a speech mark(“), I get @ instead.

It’s incredibly frustrating. I can find no way of changing it back, other than closing EmEditor completely and reopening it again, whereupon I get the UK keyboard functionality back again.

I also can’t get a handle on when it’s happening, other than that I am switching to another application, come back to EmEditor, and I get the @ instead of the speech mark. I did manage to make it happen a few times by opening MS Word, typing some text, then switching back to EmEditor, but that doesn’t seem to trigger it any more!

A fix would be really, really wonderful!

A great program anyway.

Joe

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

It sounds that the problem is caused by either MS Word or by Windows. I cannot fix that with EmEditor. You might want to remove unnecessary langauge from the Language Options in Control Panel. You might have pressed the shortcut key to switch the language. In this case, you can remove that key from the Language Options in Control Panel.

mcdogfood
    Participant

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply.

I did have US English in the list of available keyboard languages, although it wasn’t selected, or used by anything. I have now removed – I’ll monitor it for a month and let you know what happens.

Thanks again

Joe

mcdogfood
    Participant

Hiya

Just wanted to say, I’ve monitored the program for a month now, although this is the first month I haven’t used the program very much – typical!

Anyway, ever since removing US english from the list of installed languages on the Windows PC, the program has worked perfectly. Thanks again for such a great program.

Joe

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

mcdogfood wrote:
    Hiya

Just wanted to say, I’ve monitored the program for a month now, although this is the first month I haven’t used the program very much – typical!

Anyway, ever since removing US english from the list of installed languages on the Windows PC, the program has worked perfectly. Thanks again for such a great program.

Joe

Thanks for updates! That’s good to hear.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.