Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    CrashNBurn

Steps to recreate:
    1) Create a new EmEditor window with Window/New Vertical Group (or Horizontal).
    2) With the new (2nd window) Active attempt to Search or Replace with Ctrl+F, or Ctrl+H
    —> The Search/Replace dialog will NOT open/appear.
    3) Switch back to the main window; press Ctrl+F or Ctrl+H
    —> The Search/Replace dialog opens.
    4) Perform a search or replace in the main window…
    —> Search/Replace works.
    5) Switch back to the second window, leave the search/replace dialog open. Attempt to search replace in the 2nd window (from the dialog)
    —> The search/replace is performed in the main window.

I’m not 100\% sure, but in previous versions of EmEditor I used to have 2, 3 sometimes 4 or more windows open and I never had this odd issue with Search/Replace wherein you CANNOT search/replace in any window except the primary/first window’s tabs.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

I am not sure if I understand this correctly, especially 1) and 2). Can you explain more details or can you show a screenshot?

Thank you!

CrashNBurn

Window #1 (TOP) is the primary (1st) window.
    Window #2 (Bottom) is the secondary window.

When activating Window#2, pressing Ctrl+F||Ctrl+H opens a dialog (briefly) then it seems to go off the desktop – disappears.

When activating Window#1, pressing Ctrl+F||Ctrl+H opens the Search/Replace dialog.

After opening the Search replace dialog, I click on the 2nd window (bottom), then the Search Dialog – attempt a search.

The search is performed from the primary window – I assume since that is the window that opened the Search/Replace dialog?

Except the search should be performed in the 2nd (bottom) window – as it was the last active window before switching to the search/replace dialog.

Thus as it stands now, am unable to do search/replace from the Search Dialog in secondary windows — aside from using the inline Search-Toolbar.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for explanation. However, I am not still sure what the issue is. You wrote:

When activating Window#2, pressing Ctrl+F||Ctrl+H opens a dialog (briefly) then it seems to go off the desktop – disappears.

This alone is quite strange. Does the Find (or Replace?) dialog box briefly appears and then disappears?

Can you disable all plug-ins and try again?

Maybe a screencast might be more helpful.

I am sorry for any inconveniences.

Thanks!

CrashNBurn

It’s possible at some point recently, the secondary window was placed on the TV (second monitor) And every time I attempted a Search/Replace the Search Dialog was being sent to the second monitor (even when the TV wasn’t on?) and even though the secondary EmEditor Window was on the current desktop…

Perhaps a sanity-check could be added to the Various EmEditor pop-up dialogs to force them onto the primary desktop – if the Editor-window in question is on the current primary desktop.

Sorry for the run-around, it was only after re-activating Stardock’s WindowFX-5 that I could see the “animation” of the Search dialog appear, do a little dance and then disappear. Prior to re-enabling WindowFX-5 – the search dialog, if it appeared at all before disappearing off the screen, was so brief as to be almost undetectable.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for additional information. I didn’t know you have two monitors, which can be a cause of the issue. I will try to look into the issue with two monitor configuration.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.