Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jic
    Participant

Greetings!

I am often finding myself taking two strings and looking for a difference. I open two temporary Untitled documents and I paste them there. The problem is that their names are not unique and so, I have a hard time trying to figure out which one belongs to which file. So, I have a few suggestions:
    1. Please have unique names for Untitled. ie. Untitled0, Untitled1, Untitled2… UntitledN (you can also add a dash, if you want.ie. Untitled-0 for better reading.)
    2. By double clicking on the tab, you can rename the tab to something else. ie. FileF or German until that tab is closed.
    That would make this editor my favorite (By the way, it is my favorite editor.) thanks.
    josé

jic
    Participant

Hi.

I think this is something really needed. I use this process of checking differences on pieces of data, and it’s hard to identify which piece of data is which. I have to add a line on each screen to be able to identify screen. Please consider adding unique names to the tabs. Thanks.

jic

Stefan
    Participant

Good Idea, I like that too.

Also very nifty for quick saving a few ‘Untitled’ files without
    overwriting the last one or thinking about another temp name :-)

My ideas about this topic:

Customize Tabs
    Unsaved Label: | Untitled | Untitled # | First 10 signs from first line

Additionally I can imagine:
    From Tab context menu: “Set tab Label” -> to individual user content
    From Tab context menu: “Set tab color” -> sub menu with the ten markers colors to choose from.

Just some ideas.
    Thank you for making EmEditor ;-)

jic
    Participant

I still insist that this is a great change in this ultimate text editor. I love EmEditor and I will not stop using, but, this will be a feature that would make me love it even more. Thanks for thinking about it.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello jic,

EmEditor v16.0.0 beta 1 now includes this feature (Untitled-1, Untitled-2, …).

Thanks!

jic
    Participant

You are a saint! :-) Thanks so much!

josé

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.