Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jamil
    Participant

I must run Windows XP at work and have no choice. The latest version of EmEditor installs and functions with no issue on 32-bit Windows XP. However, the installer refuses to allow installation on the 64-bit version of Windows XP. My development desktop runs this 64-bit version.

Since the 32-bit version of the editor functions on Windows XP, why can’t the 64-bit version? The 64-bit EmEditor 11.0.5 installed and works on the 64-bit version of Windows XP.

Thanks.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

Our statistics show very few people use the 64-bit version of Windows XP, so I optimized the 64-bit EmEditor for Windows Vista or later using the latest version of Visual Studio. The latest version of Visual Studio doesn’t support Windows XP or earlier. The 32-bit version of EmEditor is compiled by an old version of Visual Studio to make EmEditor compatible with Windows 2000 and XP. Please consider using the 32-bit version of EmEditor, continue using EmEditor 11.0.5, or use the 64-bit version of EmEditor on Windows Vista or later (64-bit).

Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.