- March 25, 2013 at 11:25 am #10891userParticipant
which is the procedure to update a portable EmEditor?
it must be safe, not deleting any settings etc!
thanks!March 25, 2013 at 7:46 pm #10893StefanParticipant
Take a look into the downloaded archive:
there are no settings file in, which could overwrite anything.
But there are also the file templates. You may want to take care
if you have modified such templates before for your own needs.
– close EmEditor
– (copy folder with current version to an save place,
in case new versions contain fresh bugs, or something went wrong)
– if you have altered one of the template files yourself, copy them
– unpack the archive
– overwrite your EmEditor folder with new files
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.