Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    user
    Participant

hello

I know that emeditor is a text editor and not a word processor, but I wonder if in next versions emeditor support rich text

by rich text, I mean bold, underlined, etc text, columns and all the stuff that can be done in ms office

maybe this enriched version would be optional for those that want emeditor simple and lite

thanks

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

user wrote:
    hello

I know that emeditor is a text editor and not a word processor, but I wonder if in next versions emeditor support rich text

by rich text, I mean bold, underlined, etc text, columns and all the stuff that can be done in ms office

maybe this enriched version would be optional for those that want emeditor simple and lite

thanks

You can highlight any particular words that match to any criteria at all occurrences, and that’s all EmEditor can do. EmEditor will not highlight like word processors. I don’t think EmEditor will compete with word processors anytime in future, and I will keep it that way to avoid any bloated consequence.

user
    Participant

ok but emeditor highlights urls

it change text color and it undelines it

supporting underlined and bold text would bloat it more?
    I wouldn’t expect emeditor to have the abilities of openoffice (columns, etc) but bold and underline text would be nice

thanks

Passiday
    Participant

I totally disagree. It’s like, “it would be cool if you could edit video files in EmEditor, please, I want to see this in the next release”.

The beauty of EmEditor is exactly that it sticks to the principle that it services plaintext files. If one needs rich text editing, there are thousands of freeware/commercial sofware that do exactly that.

I have been willing EmEditor to support more elaborate XML editing, and comma/tab delimited text file editing (in cell grid), as it seems to be related stuff, but I understand that it could be matter of personal subjective preference, and if Yutaka doesn’t see that EmEditor has special features for those special text file types, it’s his product after all.

— Pavils

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.