Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ArthurZ
    Participant

Hello,

I am working with a large SQL file, at some point editor background grays out after I copy paste lines (happens somewhere after line 2600).
    I am attaching an image.
    If I close the file and then re-open the gray background disappears, but pasting the same line again makes it going gray again.

PS: Just in case direct link – http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/emeditorgetsbackgroundg.png/

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello ArthurZ,

In order to reproduce the issue, can you please email me the following files (after zipped) at [email protected]?

– Please export your settings by selecting “Import and Export” on the Tools menu, select “Export all settings into a registry file”. You will find the exported .reg file.

– A sample SQL file that you can reproduce the issue.

Thank you!

ArthurZ
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,

I will and for now trying to repro the issue.

Looks like it is tied to specific symbols.

E.g. in my case when I just hit an area below a < (less sign) I get the background grayed out:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/lesssign.png/

ArthurZ
    Participant

OK, got the repro for you:

1) Start a new EMEditor session;

2) Create a new SQL file; and

3) Type in or even paste

<1

>

There 1 can be a letter as well.

Click inside (the line after 1), you will get the entire scope grayed

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

This seems like the Matching Tag Highlight feature of v12. You might want to clear the Highlight Matching Tag check box in the Highlight (2) tab of configuration properties if it is checked.

ArthurZ
    Participant

I would love to have the tag matching in SQL. Well in SQL only perhaps applicable when you deal with an XML variable, so I think once I know what is that I can live with it.

Thank You!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.