Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #7105

    CaptainFlint
    Participant

    I noticed strange problems in how EE processes regular expressions.

    1. Start the portable version of EE 8.04 with clean settings and open a text file with the following contents:

    >MDB
    >NSCopy +
    >Resourse Extractor +

    2. Press Ctrl+H, enter the Find expression:
    ^([^n])
    and Replace with expression:
    >1

    3. Check the Use Regular Expressions checkbox, press Replace All.

    4. The result is:

    >>MDB
    >>>N>SCopy +
    >>Resourse Extractor +

    You can see that the second line is processed incorrectly.

    If I perform the same find-replace step-by-step, I get the same result (in the “NSCopy” string the letters N and S are found and replaced as if they were located at the beginning of the line), though they are not.

    #7138

    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

    Flint wrote:
    I noticed strange problems in how EE processes regular expressions.

    1. Start the portable version of EE 8.04 with clean settings and open a text file with the following contents:

    >MDB
    >NSCopy +
    >Resourse Extractor +

    2. Press Ctrl+H, enter the Find expression:
    ^([^n])
    and Replace with expression:
    >1

    3. Check the Use Regular Expressions checkbox, press Replace All.

    4. The result is:

    >>MDB
    >>>N>SCopy +
    >>Resourse Extractor +

    You can see that the second line is processed incorrectly.

    If I perform the same find-replace step-by-step, I get the same result (in the “NSCopy” string the letters N and S are found and replaced as if they were located at the beginning of the line), though they are not.

    I reproduced your issue, and I will fix this issue soon. Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share with friends... Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Email this to someone