Today, we are releasing EmEditor v16.4.0 beta 1.
Notes: Beta versions are updated frequently. In order to update automatically to future beta versions, please select Select Update Channel on the Help menu, and select Betas.
Updates from v16.3.1 include:
New General Features
- The new Auto Copy feature allows you to copy the selection automatically to the Clipboard without selecting the Copy command (CTRL + C). While the Auto Copy mode is on, the selection will be copied to the Clipboard immediately before the selection is deselected or deleted, immediately before the active document is switched, or the editor loses the keyboard focus. However, it does not work during the CSV cell mode.
- The Delete/Bookmark Duplicate Lines (Advanced) command and Sort by Multiple Columns commands can be recorded as a macro now.
- When deleting duplicates of an already sorted document, setting the Compare Adjacent Lines Only (Assume Presorted) check box dramatically increases the speed of the operation.
- The Auto Copy check box was added to the Edit tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Compare Adjacent Lines Only (Assume Presorted) and In the Selection Only check boxes were added to the Delete/Bookmark Duplicate Lines dialog box.
- The In the Selection Only check box was added to the Sort by Multiple Columns dialog box.
- The Show Arrows check box was added to the Scroll tab of configuration properties.
- Auto Copy
Plug-in API New Features
- The EE_MANAGE_DUPLICATES and EE_SORT messages were added.
- The Editor_ManageDuplicates and Editor_Sort inline functions were added.
- The MANAGE_DUPLICATES_INFO, COLUMN_INFO, and SORT_INFO structures were added.
- The EEID_AUTO_COPY command was added.
Macro New Features
- The DeleteDuplicates method and Sort method were added to the Document object.
- Fixed some issues related to using multiple different-DPI monitors.
- Fixed some issues related to the CSV cell mode.
These files will be deleted when official release versions become available. The official releases can be downloaded at the Download page.
Please post any questions or comments at Beta Forums.
Thank you for continue using EmEditor!