Today, we are releasing EmEditor v16.5.0 beta 1.
Notes: Beta versions are updated frequently. In order to update automatically to future beta versions, please select Select Update Channel on the Help menu, and select Betas.
Updates from v16.4.1 include:
New General Features
- The new version allows you to specify the file open “From (default)” position and “To (default)” position.
- The Mouse Wheel rotation while pressing the SHIFT key scrolls the editor horizontally.
- Right-click on many list boxes in dialog boxes such as Advanced Filter and Batch Replace displays a context menu containing the Cut, Copy, and Paste commands.
- Advanced Filter and Batch Replace dialog boxes allow imports and exports of the plain text format as well as the TSV format.
- Many text boxes in dialog boxes such as Find, Replace, Find in Files, and Replace in Files support text drag and drop.
- Configuration Properties, Customize dialog box and Customize Markers dialog box allow you to search an entire dialog box for a specified text. (If you prefer the old behavior, please run Regedit and create a new REG_DWORD value “NewPropertySheet” as 0 at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\EmSoft\EmEditor v3\Common.
- During updates the installer displays a prompt message box to close Explorer if running.
- The Customize button and From (default), To (default) text boxes were added to the Large File Controller.
- The “Prompt when only a specified portion of file is opened” check box, “From (default)”, and “To (default)” text boxes were added to the File tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The “Swap Find and Replace strings” command was added to the context menu displayed when clicked on the “>” button next to the “Replace with” button.
- Fixed the issue with the SetHeading command.
- Fixed the issue with the Undo command.
These files will be deleted when official release versions become available. The official releases can be downloaded at the Download page.
Please post any questions or comments at Beta Forums.
Thank you for continue using EmEditor!