Today, we are releasing EmEditor v16.5.0.
Updates from v16.4.1 include:
New General Features
- The new version allows you to specify the file open “From (default)” position and “To (default)” position.
- The Mouse Wheel rotation while pressing the SHIFT key scrolls the editor horizontally.
- Right-click on many list boxes in dialog boxes such as Advanced Filter and Batch Replace displays a context menu containing the Cut, Copy, and Paste commands.
- Many text boxes in dialog boxes such as Find, Replace, Find in Files, and Replace in Files support text drag and drop.
- Configuration Properties, Customize dialog box and Customize Markers dialog box allow you to search an entire dialog box for a specified text. (If you prefer the old behavior, please run Regedit and create a new REG_DWORD value “NewPropertySheet” as 0 at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\EmSoft\EmEditor v3\Common.
- During updates the installer displays a prompt message box to close Explorer if running.
- Menu customizations are saved per language.
- The Customize Menus dialog box now supports drag and drop menu items, and right-click in the list box displays a contet menu containing copy and paste commands.
- The Customize button and From (default), To (default) text boxes were added to the Large File Controller.
- The “Prompt when only a specified portion of file is opened” check box, “From (default)”, and “To (default)” text boxes were added to the File tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The “Swap Find and Replace strings” command was added to the context menu displayed when clicked on the “>” button next to the “Replace with” button.
- Fixed the issue with the SetHeading command.
- Fixed the issue with the Undo command.
If you use the Installer version, you can select Check for Updates on the Help to download the newest version. If you use one of the other versions, you can go to the Download page to download the newest version.
Notes: Currently, the UWP versions are not available for downloads.
In order to reduce the installer size, the Help file is not included in the installer. You can view the Web Help with your browser, or download the separate Help file. If you would like to download the separate local Help file, please go to the Download Help page.
This version is available free if you have a lifetime license or if your maintenance plan is valid as of March 2, 2017. Your registration keys might be found in the Emurasoft Customer Center. The registration key for v16 is the same as the key for v15 and v14.
Thank you for using EmEditor!