Today, we are releasing EmEditor v16.6.0 beta 3.
Notes: Beta versions are updated frequently. In order to update automatically to future beta versions, please select Select Update Channel on the Help menu, and select Betas.
Updates from v16.5.0 include:
New General Features
- Replace All and Join CSV speeds were greatly improved.
- The line number format can be customized now. (Customize dialog box – Format page).
|Replace All “9\n0” with “a\nb”||17.1 seconds||0.14 seconds||122 times faster|
|Undo the above||14.0 seconds||0.11 seconds||127 times faster|
|Replace All “9\n” with “a”||32.7 seconds||22.4 seconds||31.5% faster|
|Undo the above||73.5 seconds||29.2 seconds||60.3% faster|
|Replace All “0” with “0\n”||10.4 seconds||0.15 seconds||69 times faster|
|Undo the above||7.14 seconds||0.07 seconds||102 times faster|
|Join two CSV documents||385 seconds||2.57 seconds||150 times faster|
* Replace: 100,000 lines of “0123456789”, Match Case deselected, Use Escape Sequences selected. Join CSV: Join 10,000-line CSV and 101,668-line CSV. Windows 10 (64-bit) Core i7-4790 16GB RAM
- The Marks/Formats page of the Customize dialog box was divided into the Marks page and Format page, and Line Number (Decimal) and Line Number (Hexadecimal) boxes were added to the Format page of the Customize dialog box.
- Fixed the bug where HTML/XML very large files could crash immediately after opening when “Highlight Matching Tag” is set.
- Fixed the bug where EmEditor could slow down (especially vertical cursor movement) when many macros are registered to My Macros.
- Fixed the bug where Minimap could not be displayed for the first opened file when “EmEditor Quick Launch” is set.
- Fixed the bug related to Replace All when “Treat CR and LF Separately” is set.
- Fixed the bug where Ctrl+Shift+F could not be assigned in the Keyboard page of Configuration Properties.
- Fixed the display bug when Configuration Properties or the Customize dialog box is resized.
- Fixed the bug where EmEditor could crash while the SplitBox plug-in is used.
These files will be deleted when official release versions become available. The official releases can be downloaded at the Download page.
Please post any questions or comments at Beta Forums.
Thank you for continue using EmEditor!