Today, we are releasing EmEditor v16.6.0.
Updates from v16.5.0 include:
New General Features
- Greatly improved speed for Replace All, Join CSV, Remove Newline Characters, and Insert Newline Characters operations. See the test results table below.
|Replace All “9\n0” with “a\nb”||17.1 seconds||0.14 seconds||122 times faster|
|Undo the above||14.0 seconds||0.11 seconds||127 times faster|
|Replace All “9\n” with “a”||32.7 seconds||22.4 seconds||31.5% faster|
|Undo the above||73.5 seconds||29.2 seconds||60.3% faster|
|Replace All “0” with “0\n”||10.4 seconds||0.15 seconds||69 times faster|
|Undo the above||7.14 seconds||0.07 seconds||102 times faster|
|Join two CSV documents||385 seconds||2.57 seconds||150 times faster|
|Remove Newline Characters||34.8 seconds||22.4 seconds||55% faster|
|Undo the above||105.3 seconds||13.9 seconds||7.6 times faster|
|Insert Newline Characters||78.8 seconds||13.7 seconds||5.8 times faster|
|Undo the above||36.0 seconds||22.6 seconds||59% faster|
* Replace: 100,000 lines of “0123456789”, Match Case deselected, Use Escape Sequences selected. Join CSV: Join 10,000-line CSV and 101,668-line CSV. Remove Newline Characters: 100,000 lines of “0123456789”, select all, and use Remove Newline Characters command. Insert Newline Characters: 100,000 times repeat of “0123456789” in one line, wrap by 10 characters, select all, and use Insert Newline Characters command. Windows 10 (64-bit) Core i7-4790 16GB RAM
- The line number format can be customized now. (Customize dialog box – Format page).
- The Marks/Formats page of the Customize dialog box was divided into the Marks page and Format page, and Line Number (Decimal) and Line Number (Hexadecimal) boxes were added to the Format page of the Customize dialog box.
- Customize Format
- Fixed the bug where very large HTML/XML files could crash immediately after opening when “Highlight Matching Tag” is set.
- Fixed the bug where EmEditor could slow down (especially vertical cursor movement) when many macros are registered to My Macros.
- Fixed the bug where Minimap could not be displayed for the first opened file when “EmEditor Quick Launch” is set.
- Fixed the bug related to Replace All when “Treat CR and LF Separately” is set.
- Fixed the bug where Ctrl+Shift+F could not be assigned in the Keyboard page of Configuration Properties.
- Fixed the display bug when Configuration Properties or the Customize dialog box is resized.
- Fixed the bug where EmEditor could crash after splitting a window, remove split, and exit.
- Terms like “New Line” and “Return Method” are now consistently called “Newline Character”.
If you use the Installer version, you can select Check for Updates on the Help to download the newest version. If you use one of the other versions, you can go to the Download page to download the newest version.
In order to reduce the installer size, the Help file is not included in the installer. You can view the Web Help with your browser, or download the separate Help file. If you would like to download the separate local Help file, please go to the Download Help page.
This version is available free if you have a lifetime license or if your maintenance plan is valid as of April 4, 2017. Your registration keys might be found in the Emurasoft Customer Center. The registration key for v16 is the same as the key for v15 and v14.
Thank you for using EmEditor!