Today, we are releasing EmEditor v16.9.0 beta 1.
Notes: Beta versions are updated frequently. In order to update automatically to future beta versions, please select Select Update Channel on the Help menu, and select Betas.
Updates from v16.8.1 include:
New General Features
- The Match Whole String check box was added to the Advanced Filter dialog box, and by selecting this option, the new version greatly improved the speed of the Advanced Filter when many filters are defined.
- IPv4 and IPv6 addresses are clickable now, and clicking IPv4/IPv6 addresses will display a web browser and shows the IP information. Moreover, hovering over IPv4 addresses will show you the country name where the IPv4 address was registered (In order to use this feature, you will need to download an additional file. See Remarks below.) The behaviors are customizable by editing the macro file.
- Hexadecimal colors and RGB colors can be clicked to show the Color Picker and allows you to select and change the color value.
- The behaviors of URLs, email addresses, IPv4 and IPv6 addresses, strings enclosed by quotation marks, HTML Character Reference, Universal Character Names/Percent-encoding, Hexadecimal colors, and RGB colors can be customized to run macros, external tools, or EmEditor commands as Active String in addition to previous behaviors.
- The Link page of configuration properties allows you to specify which strings act as Active String. The new Active String page of the Customize dialog box allows you to specify a behavior for each event such as Left Click, Left Double-click, Middle Click, and Right Click of each Active String.
- The Match Whole String check box was added to the Advanced Filter dialog box.
- The Active String list was added to the Link page of configuration properties
- The Active String page was added to the Customize dialog box.
- The Add Additional Information to the Undo/Redo History check box was added to the History page of the Customize dialog box.
- The Remove the first line from all documents except the first document check box was added to the Combine Documents into a Single File wizard.
- Filter in Column
- Customize Active String
Plug-in API New Features
- EE_SHOW_TIP and EE_GET_ACTIVE_STRING messages were added.
- Editor_ShowTip and Editor_GetActiveString inline functions were added.
- TIP_INFO and ACTIVE_STRING_INFO structures were added.
- EEID_FILTER_COLUMN and EEID_CUSTOMIZE_ACTIVE_STRING commands were added.
Macro New Features
- The ShowTip method was added to the Window object.
- The ActiveString method was added to the Document object.
- Fixed the bug where the Multiline option was not saved in the Find dialog box.
- Fixed a certain bug related to Find in Files.
- Fixed the bug where the Backup Folder was not saved in the Replace in Files dialog box.
These files will be deleted when official release versions become available. The official releases can be downloaded at the Download page.
In order to inspect the name of the country where the IP address is registered,
unzip and place the extracted CSV file in the same folder in Macros sub folder of the EmEditor installed folder. This is usually %LOCALAPPDATA%\Programs\EmEditor\Macros if you install per user, or C:\Program Files\EmEditor\Macros if you install per computer. It is recommended to download and update the above file periodically since the database is updated frequently.
Notes: Beta versions do NOT support User Interface languages except English (U.S.) and Japanese.
Please post any questions or comments at Beta Forums.
Thank you for continue using EmEditor!