Today, we are releasing EmEditor v17.5.0 beta 1 (17.4.901).
Notes: Beta versions are updated frequently. In order to update automatically to future beta versions, please select Select Update Channel on the Help menu, and select Betas.
New updates since v17.4.2 include:
New General Features
- In the CSV selection mode, the AutoFill Option button now appears when the AutoFill handle is dragged. Clicking on this button will show the AutoFill Option menu where you will be able to choose the type of AutoFill, and to either duplicate the original value or increment the value with each cell.
- EmEditor now determines the width of characters according to the “Unicode Standard Annex #11 – East Asian Width“. There is a new option to treat ambiguous characters as fullwidth.
- Mitigations for DLL hijacking vulnerability. The new version has various new checks, which includes comparing digital signatures of EmEditor executables and DLL files.
- Added the Treat Ambiguous Width Characters as Fullwidth check box to the Edit Options list box in the Edit tab of the Customize dialog box.
Plug-in API New Features
- Added the EE_AUTOFILL message, the Editor_AutoFill inline function, and the AUTOFILL_INFO structure.
- Added the EI_REFRESH_COMMON_SETTINGS command to the EE_INFO message.
Macro New Features
- Added the AutoFill method to the Document object.
- Added the RefreshCommonSettings method to the Editor object.
- Fixed the bug where double-clicking a word might not select the correct word when the CSV selection mode is disabled.
- Fixed a bug related to the Save All with Encoding dialog box.
- Fixed a bug where recording a macro did not capture the new flags (eeExFindBOL, eeExFindEOL, and eeExFindLookaround).
- Fixed customer-reported issues (1, 2)
These files will be no longer accessible when official release versions become available. The official releases can be downloaded at the Download page.
Please post any questions or comments at Beta Forums.
Thank you for using EmEditor!