Today, we are releasing EmEditor v16.7.0.
Updates from v16.6.0 include:
New General Features
- Supported “Per-Monitor DPI-aware v2”, one of the new features of Windows 10 Creators Update. The dialog boxes, menus, and toolbars are displayed more naturally when using multiple monitors with different DPIs.
- The default format for line numbers became pre-v16.5.
- Greatly improved the speed for Find in Files command and Extract command in the Find dialog box using the Output bar.
|Extract “1”||166.8 seconds||0.93 seconds||179 times faster|
|Find “1” using Find in Files||120.3 seconds||0.90 seconds||134 times faster|
* 100,000 lines of “0123456789”, Match Case deselected, Use Escape Sequences selected, Use Output Bar selected. Windows 10 (64-bit) Core i7-4790 16GB RAM
- The “Space Width” sliders were added to the Format tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The “3D Look” check box was added to the Scroll page of configuration properties.
Plug-in API New Features
- The EE_SET_CELL and EE_SET_COLUMN messages were added.
- The Editor_SetCell and Editor_SetColumn inline functions were added.
- The COLUMN_STRUCT structures were added.
Macro New Features
- The SetCell, SetColumn, and InsertColumn methods were added to the Document object.
- Fixed a certain bug related to the Extract feature in the Find dialog box.
- Fixed a certain bug related to the stadard input to the Output Bar.
If you use the Installer version, you can select Check for Updates on the Help to download the newest version. If you use one of the other versions, you can go to the Download page to download the newest version.
In order to reduce the installer size, the Help file is not included in the installer. You can view the Web Help with your browser, or download the separate Help file. If you would like to download the separate local Help file, please go to the Download Help page.
This version is available free if you have a lifetime license or if your maintenance plan is valid as of April 24, 2017. Your registration keys might be found in the Emurasoft Customer Center. The registration key for v16 is the same as the key for v15 and v14.
Thank you for using EmEditor!