Today, we are releasing EmEditor v20.9.0.
This release also includes following bug/issue fixes.
- Fixed a potential crash on the Split Columns command on CSV documents with inconsistent numbers of delimiters.
- Fixed a potential crash during updates while the Create log files to debug option is enabled on Windows 7.
- Fixed a v20.8 bug where EmEditor could fail to open a large UTF-8 with Signature file with invalid characters under a certain condition.
- Fixed a pre-v20.8 bug where EmEditor could crash while switching a very large file with many invalid quotation marks to a CSV mode under a certain condition.
- Fixed a pre-v20.8 issue where EmEditor could crash while opening a multi-byte character set file with an invalid character at the end of file.
- Fixed a pre-v20.8 issue where clicking a hyperlink in Find in Files results did not jump to the correct file if the file path contains a URL or email address.
- Improved the stability so that EmEditor will not crash even if settings/sync/workspace files were corrupted.
- Fixed a pre-v20.8 bug where the Open Workspace command could crash on Windows 7.
- Fixed a pre-v20.8 bug where the Split Columns (to lines) always inserted LF as a newline (even if the document uses CR+LF as a newline).
- Fixed a pre-v20.8 bug where the End Indent specified as a regular expression in the Tab/Indent dialog box did not work correctly.
- Fixed a pre-v20.8 issue where the SendKeys method of the Shell object did not work correctly with the “MOVETO” parameter and negative values.
- Fixed customer reported issues (1, 2, 3, 4, 5).
If you use the Desktop Installer version, you can select Check for Updates on the Help to download the newest version. If this method fails, please download the newest version, and run the downloaded installer. If you use the Desktop portable version, you can go to the Download page to download the newest version. The Store App versions can be updated through Microsoft Store (64-bit or 32-bit) after a few days.
Thank you for using EmEditor!