Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Andreas
    Participant

Okay, so up to now none of my wishes/feature requests has been fulfilled in v14 beta. :-( Dear Yutaka, could you please consider implementing at least the following two requests, as they would be really helpful in my daily usage of EmEditor:

1. Make the background color of bookmarked lines configurable.
    2. Keep the background color of the current line visible when text is selected.

Thank you very much in advance,
    Andreas

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

These were implemented in v14.1.0 beta 1. Can you please check?
    http://www.emeditor.com/forums/topic/emeditor-professional-v14-1-0-beta-1-released/

Thanks!

Andreas
    Participant

Very Good! Thank you very much!

One minor point: Suppose you have set both the backgound color of the current line and the background color of bookmarked lines to some custom colors. In this case, when the current line is also a bookmarked line, it will be difficult to see the current line, especially when there are several bookmarked lines. Which one of these bookmarked lines is the current line then? In the editor that I used before I switched to EmEditor, this problem was solved as follows: When the current line is also a bookmarked line, the text color was the text color of the current line, not the text color of bookmarked lines. Would it be possible to have the same behavior in EmEditor?

To make this point more clear, here is a concrete example:

Current line:
        Text color = brown
        Background color = yellow
    Bookmarked lines:
        Text color = black
        Background color = green

Behavior of EmEditor v14.1.0 beta 1 when the current line is a bookmarked line:
        Text color = black
        Background color = green
    Desired behavior of EmEditor when the current line is a bookmarked line:
        Text color = brown
        Background color = green

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi Andreas,

Not exactly same, bug if you specify “Transpart” color to the background for bookmarked lines, then you will distinguish bookmarked current line from bookmarked lines.
    I hope this helps.

Thanks!

Andreas
    Participant

I changed the text color (not the background color) of bookmarked lines to “transparent”, and then I got exactly the desired behavior. Great! Thank you very much again!

Andreas
    Participant

Oops, wait a minute. When you make the above settings, then bookmark several consecutive lines, and then move the cursor up and down from line to line, the behavior will be inconsistent (or at least I don’t understand the pattern behind it): Sometimes the text color of a particular bookmarked line will be brown, and sometimes the text color of the same bookmarked line will be black.

Here are the settings to reproduce the problem:

Current line:
        Text color: custom, brown
        Background color: custom, yellow
    Bookmarked lines:
        Text color: transparent
        Background color: custom, green

Andreas
    Participant

By the way, your first proposal to set the background color of bookmarked lines to “transparent” did not work for me. When I tried this, the background color of bookmarked lines became white.

Andreas
    Participant

Hmm, the behavior of the final release version v14.1.0 is different than the behavior of v14.1.0 beta 2. Now, when you set the text color of bookmarked lines to “transparent”, the background color of bookmarked lines will disappear. In my opinion, this is a bug.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hi Andreas,

This bug should be fixed on this version:

http://www.emeditor.com/forums/topic/emeditor-professional-v14-2-0-beta-1-released/

Can you please try it?
    Thanks!

Andreas
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,

the bug described in my posting #17722 is fixed.

However, the inconsistency (bug?) described in my posting #17712 is still present. To show the problem more clearly, I’ve made a screencast. You can watch/download it here:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42104478/screencast.mp4. Please note the text color when the cursor is in line 5. Sometimes the text color is red, and sometimes it’s black.

Best regards,
    Andreas

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster
    Andreas
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,

the issue is fixed now. Thank you very much!

Best regards,
    Andreas

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

That’s good to hear!
    Happy new year!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.