Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jic
    Participant

Greetings.

I am searching for some strings in many Trados xml files. Once I find the files that contain that string, when I click on that file, right now, it opens with EmEditor. I would like to open it with Trados TagEditor, which is the default application in Windows. In other words, I am searching for all type .ttx files, which is a Trados bilingual file. Once I find the file that the EmEditor search tool identified as a file that has the search string, how can I use the Window’s default application to open that file? Thanks for the help.

josé

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please go to Customize on the Tools menu, File tab, click “Associate with EmEditor”, select “txt” in the list, and then click “Delete” button. This will delete the association of “txt” files with EmEditor.

Thank you!

jic
    Participant

Thanks so much for the response. I think you misunderstood the question. I know how to do this disassociate the file types, however, what I would like is to open a found search of a .TTX file (Note .TTX and not .TXT) with the default application which is a Trados Tag Editor isntead of EmEditor. Thanks.

josé

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

I am sorry that I misunderstood your question. Unfortunately, in the Find in Files result, you can’t open the file with the associated program. However, after you open a .TTX file with EmEditor, you can click “Associated Program” button on the Tools toolbar. I hope this helps.

Thank you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.