Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Today, we are excited to announce EmEditor Professional 10 beta 1 (9.90.1) is available for download.

The new features include Compare and Check Spelling features.

For details and screenshots, please see:

http://www.emeditor.com/modules/feature1/rewrite/tc_36.html

Please download:
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/updates/emed32_9.90.1.exe (32-bit)
    http://www.emeditor.com/pub/updates/emed64_9.90.1.exe (64-bit)

It is recommended that you uninstall previous v9 before you install a new version.

This beta version is free. It doesn’t require you to enter a registration key, and anyone can use this beta version without purchase. This version expires on May 31, 2010. Before this date, you will need to update to then newer version, or purchase the release version.

The portable version can be produced from the Import/Export wizard on the Tools menu after you use the installer. However, the portable version runs slower than the one using the Registry.

Please don’t hesitate to write any comments or bug reports in this forum.

Thank you for trying EmEditor beta versions.

ToadLoadin

WOW, that’s really exciting! :lol:

dw7832
    Participant

I’m unable to get the 64-bit version of 9.90.1 to use additional dictionaries. According to the instructions, I downloaded the Dutch dictionary from the OpenOffice.org wiki and copied the *.dic and *.aff files into C:Program FilesEmEditorDictionaries. It doesn’t show up however, in context menu > Dictionaries.

Also, can I ask whether the feature request made here can be considered for inclusion in 10.0?

Thank you.

betaspin
    Participant

Many thanks for including hunspell support!

It does work as intended (and very quickly!) for en_US, but I am also having trouble while attempting to use additional dictionaries with the 64bit version, in my case, Bulgarian. I extracted the proper bg_BG.dic and bg_BG.aff to

c:Program FilesEmEditorDictionaries
    and to
    c:UsersAppDataRoamingEmurasoftEmEditorSpell

bg_BG is available for selecting as a dictionary, but all Bulgarian words are underlined, even if spelled correctly, and there are no suggestions in the right-click menu. I guess that this is some kind of an encoding problem, but it will need to be ironed out.

I wonder if it would be possible to include some more traditional spelling functions in addition to the “spell-as-you-type” facility, for example, a traditional spell-check that goes through all unrecognised words and offers suggestions, as well as an option to accept a word for the current session.

MariaK
    Participant

The context menu displayed by right-clicking on a folder in Windows Explorer now includes the new Find in Files with EmEditor command.

On which way can I turn off this pretended „improvement“ without any direct access to the windows registry?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello dw7832 and betaspin,

Thanks for trying out the new beta version!

I am sorry that some dictionaries didn’t work on beta 1. I reproduce the problem with bg_BG.dic and bg_BG.aff, and I fixed this problem this morning. However, I couldn’t reproduce the problem with a Dutch dictionary. Possibly I was testing with a different dictionary, but please test again when the next beta is released as I made some code changes and possibly fixed the other problem too.

If you have any feature requests, please post your requests here, and they are possibly considered for inclusion in future versions.

I thought about traditional spelling functions, but there was nothing like that in Mozilla FireFox, and then I thought it might not be necessary any more. I will think about again if you still need the traditional spelling functions.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello Maria,

Thanks for trying EmEditor beta version!

You can disable the context menu shortcuts by clearing the “Add a shortcut to the Context Menu on Explorer” check box in the More Shortcuts dialog (Tools > Customize > Shortcuts > More Shortcuts button). However, this will also disable “EmEditor” menu item when you right-click on normal files. They cannot be disabled separately. Is this something you want to do (disabling separately)?

nikkho

Just registered to report you an error I have faced in two Windows 7 x64 machines, one with Ultimate, and the other with Business editions with the EmEditor 10.0 Beta 1.

The problem is in making PC -> Manage, unable to launch CompMgmtLauncher.exe. According to several Microsoft forum posts, it is usually caused by a faulty shell extension.

So, I deregistered emedshl.dll, and it worked flawesly again. For your information, replacing the 10 Beta 1 DLL, by the one in 9.15, makes it work fine, so I assume a kind of bug in latest shell context handler.

Hope this helps… Anyway if more information is required, do not hesitate contacting me.

BTW, have you considered going again with a free/lite version as in the past? I believe it would be very nices….

Regards.

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello nikkho,

Thank you for trying EmEditor Professional beta!

I reproduced this problem, so I will fix it as soon as possible. Thanks so much for posting it here.

Most people request more features to EmEditor Professional, so that’s why I use my time this way. An old version of EmEditor Free is still available, and many users who use EmEditor Free don’t require many features as EmEditor Professional users.

Please let me know if you have further comments or bug reports. Thanks again!

MariaK
    Participant

by Yutaka on 3/22/2010 9:42:22 pm

Hello Maria,

Thanks for trying EmEditor beta version!

You can disable the context menu shortcuts by clearing the “Add a shortcut to the Context Menu on Explorer” check box in the More Shortcuts dialog (Tools > Customize > Shortcuts > More Shortcuts button). However, this will also disable “EmEditor” menu item when you right-click on normal files. They cannot be disabled separately. Is this something you want to do (disabling separately)?

Ah, inside this dialog; I’ve got it. Yes, that was what I want. Thanks, Yutaka.

(I don’t require a separately option; foreign context menu entries are generally disabled on my machines.)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.