- March 20, 2012 at 12:33 pm #10233
A couple of questions related to file history:
1. Is it possible to not show files in the drop down history that don`t exist anymore? I know I can right click and clear a single entry, but it would be good to have an option to clear all that don`t exist or even remove them automatically on drop down load?
2. Is it possible to show the full file path in the history? Instead of part of the path, then …, then the file name? I have files I name the same in different directories and I can`t tell which is which.
Thank you.March 20, 2012 at 4:43 pm #10237
1. You can clear all the history, but you can’t clear only those files that don’t exist. I might think about adding a new command for this in the future.
2. You can uncheck “Strip Path for Files in Current Folder” in the History tab of Customize dialog box, but the path will still become shortened using “…” if the path length is more than a certain character long. If this is what you need, I will make the path name length adjustable.
Thank you!March 20, 2012 at 5:11 pm #10240
Thanks. Yes, both of these options would be very useful.
Another option might be to show the full path in the title or status bar on hover? Just something so I know I`m opening the correct file.March 21, 2012 at 5:09 pm #10244
If the tab is enabled, you can hover the mouse on the tab to show the full path as tooltip.
Thanks!March 21, 2012 at 5:12 pm #10246
I`m not sure how that helps.
At the moment I select to open a previously opened file and from the drop down I can`t tell which file is which. I have files with the same name in different folders, but the truncated path shows them all the same.March 23, 2012 at 1:07 pm #10251
This screenshot highlights the issue. These are 2 files, with the same name in different locations. But, I can`t tell which is which. This is driving me nuts. lol.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.