Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    npnilsson
    Participant

Hi Yutaka,

is there a chance to add an option to activate “move cursor to insert position when moving cursor vertically after paste”? It would mean, that when you move the cursor down or up after you you have pasted text (probably without line-breaks), the cursor returns to the horizontal position before pasting in the new row? That would ease copy and pasting a lot…

Thanks a lot and best regards
    npnilsson

npnilsson
    Participant

see also post #5359

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I will add this feature as an option on the next version. What is the best name for this feature (as a check box label)? “Constrain the Cursor to the Text” sounds a little weird to me. Any idea?

npnilsson
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response! “keep horizontal cursor position” would sound fine to me…

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

This feature is now available on v15.3.0 beta 1:

https://www.emeditor.com/emeditor-core/emeditor-v15-3-0-beta-1/

Thanks!

npnilsson
    Participant

Hey Yutaka, thanks soooo much for implementing this feature!

npnilsson
    Participant

the feature seems to have been vanished from the customize menue…maybe i am just to blindsighted to find it? could you tell me where i can find this feature in the current version 15.8.2? thanks so much!

FuzzyBear
    Participant

Tools–>Customize
    On the Edit tab: Keep Horizontal Cursor Position check box

npnilsson
    Participant

thanks for the quick reply…unfortunately i use the german version of EmEditor and the checkbox does not appear in the Tools -> Customize menu (“Tools” -> “Anpassen”)…maybe i should install the english version…but anyway, could it be that there are differences between the localized versions?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

In German, it should be labelled as “Halten Sie den Mauszeiger waagerecht”.

If you like to switch to English, you don’t have to uninstall or install EmEditor. You can switch from Tools > Customize > Language. There are no differences in futures between languages.

Thanks,

npnilsson
    Participant

hi, thanks for the hint…it’s not really correctly translated though…in german it would be something like: “Horizontale Cursor-Position beibehalten”. but thanks so much. i really appreciate your quick support…

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

We will update the German translation.

Thanks!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.