Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

ArtemZ

Hi,
    Is there are any chance to get native EmEditor for linux operating systems? This is not really fun to install wine only for emeditor support, even more – this is not cool to use wine at all. Of course, emeditor is proprietary application, but you can build deb and rpm packages for linux. Better this QT or Gnome support

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I don’t think it is possible to support Linux platform. I wouldn’t be able to afford resources for Linux development. The reality is more people request updates for Windows versions.

ldm
    Participant

Is it possible to run EmEditor under Wine@Linux? How?

ldm
    Participant

Where is it possible to download earlier versions of EmEditor?

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

Hello,

You can download older versions at:

http://www.emeditor.com/modules/download2/rewrite/tc_3.html

Thanks!

mcdogfood
    Participant

Having used Windows 8, I am now seriously considering moving over to a Linux platform, probably Ubuntu. EmEditor is the only application that is keeping me on Windows.

I can use vim, or gEdit, or any number of other editors, but EmEditor really is such a pleasure to use. To me it’s more than a pleasure – it’s essential to my work.

I totally understand why you concentrate on Windows – as a developer, I have to focus on Windows too, but it would be lovely not to have to work in a Windows environment.

Either way, I will keep using EmEditor!

pablo
    Participant

+1 for linux version. emeditor is the best, but i have to reboot into windows to use it. More and more people are looking to get away from microsoft dependency and linux runs great and lean, im sure emeditor could work well on it and be a pioneer as paid software on an opensource OS.

Meir
    Participant

Any new thoughts about it?
    Maybe integration of the most recent version of EmEditor with the most recent version of WINE? Pleeease!
    Please don’t make me switch to another GUI editor, an inferior one, but one that runs on both Linux and Windows…
    Meir

Meir
    Participant

Dear Yutaka,
    How about making EmEditor run over Wine/Crossover. Crossover claims to support Ver. 8.04. This is an antique.. I tried to install Ver.16.1.3 on top of CrossOver and it obviously failed. Can you devote enough resources for at least such an adaptation to Linux?

regards
    Meir

Yutaka Emura
    Keymaster

I am sorry that I didn’t respond sooner, but I just don’t have enough time to support Unix environments. I will look into that when I have time. The reason that EmEditor v8 works but not v16 is probably because EmEditor v16 uses new APIs introduced in Windows 10.

Thanks,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Share with friends... Tweet about this on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Email this to someone