Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LifeTimer
    Participant

I just found a serious bug regarding macros mapped to shortcuts.

I have several such mappings configured in my EmEditor, and when I create and insert a new macro and insert it before any such shortcut-mapped macros, all mappings of shortcuts to macros that are after it in the defined macro order (i.e. the order in which the macros appear in the macro toolbar and the “Customize macros” dialog box) will shift, i.e. the shortcut mappings of those will now point to other macros than before!

This is very dangerous (depending on what the macros do of course), and it is seemingly because the mappings of the shortcuts point at indexes in the macro list, rather than the macro items/files in the list themselves (i.e. no matter if they are moved in the list or not. in this case by having other macros inserted before them).

This should probably be fixed ASAP in order to avoid accidents that may cause data loss for customers.

Patrick C
    Participant

Are you using the latest version (17.2.2)?

As far as I can remember this was one of the early v17.0 perhaps also v17.1 bugs which were fixed with ≈ v17.1 or v17.2.

I btw just re-tested on v17.2.2 – in my case this error doesn’t occur.

LifeTimer
    Participant

Thanks, I was running 17.1.3.

I just upgraded though, and then I found an apparently other bug that made the macro shortcuts stop working completely. :-(

I had a macro mapped to ctrl+i and another mapped to ctrl+u for example. When I try these (in cell mode) now, the only thing that happens is that the cell that is currently selected goes into “edit mode” and is also emptied. The shortcuts don’t even show up in the “Keyboard” config dialog anymore, are they completely deleted now? :-(

Please take a look at this as soon as possible, since I now cannot run macros at all after this upgrade to 17.2.2.

Patrick C
    Participant

Now I recall – I had to reassign the macro shortcuts after the bug was fixed.

In my case this wasn’t too bad an issue as I have a list of my custom shortcut settings. EmEditor isn’t the only program where my custom shortcuts got reset after updating (LibreOffice was another recent one) so over time I learnt – it remains annoying nevertheless.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.