Forum Replies Created
Thank you, I’ll think about it. $40 for a text editor in these straitened times …
Perhaps it would be an idea if the program gave a more informative error message.
Just a few examples:
1. In the Help’s Index enter “Associate” (without the quotes). Then double click on “associate” or “Associate with EmEditor”. Then select one of the entries and click “Display”. The error message is displayed.
2. Enter Auto Save into the Index Search box. Then double click “auto save” or “Auto Save”. Same error message.
3. Enter “Backup”. Double click “Backup”. Help text is displayed with *no* error.
Obviously I haven’t been all the way through the Help topics but it seems the error arises at random – at least I can’t see a pattern but I guesstimate that *approximately* 50\% of the topics generate the error.
1. Windows doesn’t have an Unlock or Unblock or Unclock button. Never has had.
1a. Some of the Help is available. Some isn’t. This clearly has nothing to do with the .chm file being locked or blocked or …
2. I did download EmEditor free from a reputable site: http://www.download.com
Errm. No. On Windows XP there is no “Unlock” button in the Properties of any file.
I upgraded to 6.00.4 but it made no difference. The Macro Reference Manual is still not available.