Today, we are releasing EmEditor v16.8.0 beta 1.
Notes: Beta versions are updated frequently. In order to update automatically to future beta versions, please select Select Update Channel on the Help menu, and select Betas.
Updates from v16.7.0 include:
New General Features
- Greatly improved the speed of the Advanced Filter when many filters are defined.
- The Undo and Redo buttons in the toolbar are now drop-down buttons, and clicking the arrow by the button will show the context menu, which allows you to access the new Undo Recent, Redo Recent, Undo All, Redo All, and Undo/Redo History commands.
- The new Undo/Redo History dialog box allows you to export and import the undo/redo history.
- The following commands can be assigned to keyboard shortcuts now: Open from This Folder, Open Windows Explorer, Open Command Prompt, and Copy File Path Name. By default, the Open Windows Explorer command is assigned to ALT + SHIFT + E.
- The Undo/Redo History dialog box was added.
- Undo/Redo History
- Undo Recent (multiple items)
- Redo Recent (multiple items)
- Undo All
- Redo All
Plug-in API New Features
- The EE_GET_COLUMN message was added.
- The Editor_GetColumn inline function was added.
Macro New Features
- The GetColumn method was added to the Document object.
- Fixed a certain bug related to the Split Current Document or a File into Several Files command.
These files will be deleted when official release versions become available. The official releases can be downloaded at the Download page.
Please post any questions or comments at Beta Forums.
Thank you for continue using EmEditor!