Today, we are releasing EmEditor v16.8.0.
Updates from v16.7.2 include:
New General Features
- Greatly improved the speed of the Advanced Filter when many filters are defined.
|Advanced Filter, Match Case deselected||32.6 seconds||2.57 seconds||12.7 times faster|
|Advanced Filter, Match Case selected||30.3 seconds||2.50 seconds||12.1 times faster|
* 10,000 lines (2.7MB) CSV file (UTF-8), Use Advanced Filter, 50,000 search from the first column conditions, Logical Disjunction (OR) selected, Windows 10 (64-bit) Core i7-4790 16GB RAM
- The Undo and Redo buttons in the toolbar are now drop-down buttons, and clicking the arrow by the button will show the context menu, which allows you to access the new Undo Recent, Redo Recent, Undo All, Redo All, and Undo/Redo History commands.
- The new Undo/Redo History dialog box allows you to export and import the undo/redo history.
- The following commands can be assigned to keyboard shortcuts now: Open from This Folder, Open Windows Explorer, Open Command Prompt, and Copy File Path Name. By default, the Open Windows Explorer command is assigned to ALT + SHIFT + E.
- The Undo/Redo History dialog box was added.
- Undo/Redo History
- Undo Recent (multiple items)
- Redo Recent (multiple items)
- Undo All
- Redo All
Plug-in API New Features
- The EE_GET_COLUMN message was added.
- The Editor_GetColumn inline function was added.
Macro New Features
- The GetColumn method was added to the Document object.
- Fixed a certain bug related to the Find in Files command.
- Fixed a certain bug related to the Split Current Document or a File into Several Files command.
- Fixed a certain bug related to the Replace All command.
If you use the Installer version, you can select Check for Updates on the Help to download the newest version. If you use one of the other versions, you can go to the Download page to download the newest version.
In order to reduce the installer size, the Help file is not included in the installer. You can view the Web Help with your browser, or download the separate Help file. If you would like to download the separate local Help file, please go to the Download Help page.
This version is available free if you have a lifetime license or if your maintenance plan is valid as of May 17, 2017. Your registration keys might be found in the Emurasoft Customer Center. The registration key for v16 is the same as the key for v15 and v14.
Thank you for using EmEditor!