Today, we are releasing EmEditor v14.9.0 beta 2.
Updates from v14.9.0 beta 1 include:
New General Features
- The Match Embedded Newlines in CSV check box was removed, and the new Match Embedded Newlines in CSV command was added to the menu item appeared when the > button is clicked in the Find/Replace dialog box.
- The new Fixed Value command was added to the menu item appeared when the > button is clicked in the Find/Replace/Find in Files/Replace in Files dialog box. Also Custom was renamed to Last Used Value. Save as Default was renamed to Auto Save, and allows you to toggle the enable/disable status.
- The Use in Find in Files Filter check box was added to the Configuration Associations dialog box. The file extensions set here will be used for the Find in Files file types.
- The Add and Remove buttons were added to the Customize Plug-ins dialog box, which now allows you to add a new plug-in from a different folder. The Folder text box was deprecated. The new version will not detect a new plug-in automatically. The Add button in this dialog box must be clicked to be included in the plug-in list if a user installs a new plug-in.
- The Set Word to Find command, and the Use Regular Expressions check box in the Find/Replace dialog boxes will not be cleared in the Find dialog box.
- This version will not work on Windows XP, and is optimized for Windows Vista or later.
- The Boost library was updated to Version 1.57.
- A certain Snippets plug-in bug was fixed.
- A certain CSV file bug related to embedded newlines was fixed.
We would like to find as many bugs as possible before we release the new version. Please try it out now and let us know if you find any bugs.
To download or see changes, please go to the beta forum – EmEditor Professional v14.9.0 beta 2 released!.
Thank you for using EmEditor!