Today, we are releasing EmEditor v14.9.0.
This new version adds important features with big data analysis and database file editing in mind.
This version does not support Windows XP. If you still use Windows XP, please download v14.8.1 (32-bit), which is the last version that can work on Windows XP.
Updates from v14.8.1 include:
New General Features
- The new Remove Embedded Newlines in CSV command allows you to remove embedded newlines in CSV documents.
- The new Add and Remove buttons in the Customize Plug-ins dialog box allow you to add a new plug-in from a different folder. The new version will not detect a new plug-in automatically. The Add button in this dialog box must be clicked to be included in the plug-in list if a user installs a new plug-in.
- The Save Opened Potion As button was added to the Large File Controller, which allows you to save the opened portion as a different file.
- The Bookmark button was added to the Delete Duplicate Lines dialog box, which allows you to set bookmarks in duplicate lines without deleting them.
- This version will not work on Windows XP, and is optimized for Windows Vista or later.
- The Boost library was updated to Version 1.57.
- The new Match Only Embedded Newlines in CSV command was added to the menu item appeared when the > button is clicked in the Find/Replace dialog box.
- The new Match Only Embedded Newlines in CSV button was added to the Find toolbar.
- The new Fixed Value option was added to the menu item appeared when the > button is clicked in the Find/Replace/Find in Files/Replace in Files dialog box. Also Custom was renamed to Last Used Value. Save as Default was renamed to Auto Save, and allows you to toggle the enable/disable status.
- The Use in Find in Files Filter check box was added to the Configuration Associations dialog box.
- Remove Embedded Newlines in CSV
- Match Only Embedded Newlines in CSV (Find toolbar)
Macro New Features
- The eeFindReplaceEmbeddedNL flag was added to the Find and Replace methods of the Selection object.
Plug-in API New Features
- EEID_REMOVE_EMBEDDED_NL and EEID_FINDBAR_EMBEDDED_NL commands were added.
- The FLAG_FIND_EMBEDDED_NL flag was added to the Editor_FindA, Editor_FindW inline functions and the EE_FINDA and EE_FINDW messages.
- Fixed the bug where newlines embedded at the last line of a CSV document were not properly restored when switching to the normal model.
- Fixed a certain bug in the Snippets plug-in.
- Fixed the Windows bug where the Open dialog box might have displayed a prompt message “This files doesn’t exist. Create the new file?” when you enter a file name and click another folder.
Please see EmEditor v14.9 New Features for details.
To update, you can select Check for Updates on the Help, or you can go to the download page to download the newest version.
This version is available free if you have a lifetime license or if your maintenance plan is valid as of March 3, 2015. Your registration keys might be found in the Resend Keys page of Emurasoft Customer Center.
Please also read: Announcing our policy change to rapid development, and introducing a maintenance plan.
Thank you for using EmEditor.