Today, we are releasing EmEditor v15.0.0.
This new version adds important features with big data analysis and database file editing in mind.
Updates from v14.9.3 include:
New General Features
- You can now manage multiple workspaces. The Open Workspace, Save Workspace, Save Workspace As, and Recent Workspace (multiple items) commands were added. By default, the Workspace popup menu was added to the File menu, and various workspace commands were added inside the popup menu.
- The new advanced filter allows you to specify a search range for the filter. It also allows you to specify a logical disjunction (logical OR) for multiple levels of the filter. If this is not specified, a logical conjunction (Logical AND) is used for multiple levels of the filter.
- In the Filter toolbar, previously used advanced filters can be now selected from the history.
- The Bookmark All and Extract All buttons were added to the Filter toolbar.
- The Filter command was added to the context menu displayed when you click on a marker on the Markers toolbar. Also, clicking a marker while pressing CTRL now works as a filter.
- The Filter’s speed improvement when a very large file is opened.
- The default context menu now includes the Filter command, which allows you to use the selected text or the word at cursor as a filter.
- The UAC prompt will not appear anymore in the Import and Export wizard.
- The Split Current Document into Several Files command now allows you to specify an existing file as the source file. This enhancement allows you to split a very large file larger than 248 GB.
- The Output As drop-down list box was added to the Find in Files dialog box, which allows you to directly open the searched file and filter the file with the specified searched string.
- The Find in Files and Replace in Files dialog box, the In Folder drop-down list can now contain up to 10,000 characters separating multiple folders by ‘|’. Folder names surrounded by double-quotes can be specified now. A warning message now appears when a folder doesn’t exist.
- When the Bookmark All button was clicked in the Find dialog box, the status bar now shows how many bookmarks were increased.
- Improved many dialog boxes. For example, when closing a document, the YES and NO button labels in the "Save Changes?" message box were changed to Save and Don’t Save, words that include the actual tasks.
- The Free version of EmEditor now adds the Find in Files and Replace in Files command.
- The new Custom (in Characters) box, the Logical Disjunction (OR) to the Previous Condition check box, and the Import and Export buttons were added to the Advanced Filter dialog box.
- The Popup if Number of Items Exceeds text box was added to the History tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Browse and Add command in the menu displayed when you click the > button by the In Folder text box in the Find in Files and Replace in Files dialog boxes.
- The Validate CSV and Output Errors check box was added to the CSV tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Bookmark Count in the Entire Document check box was added to the Status tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Prompt if the specified folder does not exist check box was added to the Advanced dialog box, which can be accessed from the Find in Files dialog box.
- Open Workspace
- Save Workspace
- Save Workspace As
- Recent Workspace (multiple items)
- Bookmark All (Filter toolbar)
- Extract All (Filter toolbar)
- Filter with Selection or Word at Cursor
Macro New Features
- The xBegin and xEnd parameters and the eeFindLogicalOr flag were added to the Filter method of the Document object.
Plug-in API New Features
- The xBegin and xEnd fields and the FLAG_FIND_LOGICAL_OR flag were added to the FILTER_INFO structure.
- The xBegin and xEnd parameters and the FLAG_FIND_LOGICAL_OR flag were added to the Editor_Filter inline function.
- EEID_WORKSPACE_OPEN, EEID_WORKSPACE_SAVE_AS, EEID_WORKSPACE_SAVE_CURRENT, EEID_FILTERBAR_BOOKMARK, EEID_FILTERBAR_EXTRACT, and EEID_WORKSPACE_RECENT_FILE1 commands were added.
- Fixed a certain bug related to embedded newlines in CSV mode when a very large file is opened.
- Fixed a certain bug in the Split/Combine wizards.
- Fixed the bug where triple-click on the last line and pressing the DELETE didn’t delete the selected line.
- Fixed the bug where the Move Line Up command (CTRL + SHIFT + UP) mishandled the customized color for the Current Line.
Please see EmEditor v15.0 New Features for details.
To update, you can select Check for Updates on the Help, or you can go to the download page to download the newest version.
This version is available free if you have a lifetime license or if your maintenance plan is valid as of April 6, 2015. Your registration keys might be found in the Emurasoft Customer Center. The registration key for v15 is the same as the key for v14.
Please also read: Announcing our policy change to rapid development, and introducing a maintenance plan.
Thank you for using EmEditor!