Today, we are releasing EmEditor v18.8.0 beta 1 (18.7.91).
Updates from v18.7.2 include:
- Improved the speed of opening very large files, find/replace, the Uppercase, Lowercase, and Capitalize commands.
- The new version allows you to use CTRL + SHIFT + V in all text boxes of
dialog boxes to paste previously copied text in the editor.
- Updated the IPTip.jsee macro to support new GeoLite2 CSV format. This
macro is used to show the country name as a tooltip when the mouse hoves on
IP v4 addresses if IP v4 active strings are enabled.
- Added the Prompt if a Unicode (UTF-16) file size is an odd
number in bytes check box to the File page of the Customize dialog box.
- Added the Ignore the last character in the selection on the
Insert/Remove Newline Characters commands check box to the Edit page of the Customize dialog box.
- Fixed various bugs reported by customers.
Notes: Beta versions are updated frequently. In order to update automatically to future beta versions, please select Select Update Channel on the Help menu, and select Betas.
This beta includes 64-bit version only. The official release will include 32-bit version.
These files will be no longer accessible when official release versions become available. The official releases can be downloaded at the Download page.
Please post any questions or comments at Beta Forums.
Thank you for using EmEditor!