Today, we are releasing EmEditor v16.0.0.
Notes: Indonesian is not supported anymore as the UI language.
Updates from v15.9.0 include:
New General Features
- The new Find dialog box allows you to extract searched strings from the current document or all opened documents.
- New document titles are now suffixed with sequential numbers, such as Untitled-1, Untitled-2, …. (Notes: This causes breaking changes in Name and FullName properties of the Document object in macros)
- The Web Help was improved so that it allows searches within the Help.
- The new version does not include line numbers when only file names are extracted in the Find in Files dialog box.
- The Record All Activities command is obsolete.
- By default, the following tag formats are supported now.
- C:\…\filename.txt: (file name only)
- C:\…\filename.txt(5:3): (line 5, column 3)
- The Extract Options dialog box was added.
- The Quote All Cells button was added to the CSV Converter.
- The Play Extra Sounds check box was added to the Window tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The default value for the Maximum Memory Size in the Advanced tab of the Customize dialog box become 90%.
- The Set Focus in Output Bar check box was added to the External Tool Properties.
- The Record Mouse Activities and Keyboard Input to Other Applications check box, the Record All Mouse Movements check box, and the Idle Time before Inserting Sleep method text box are obsolete in the Options tab of the Customize Macros dialog box.
Plug-in API New Features
- The EE_GET_FILTER message, the Editor_GetFilter inline function, and the FILTER_INFO_EX structure were added.
Macro New Features
- The Filter Object and Filters Collection were added.
- The filters property and Untitled property were added to the Document object.
- The eeFindFileAndLine, eeFindFileNamesOnly, eeFindLineOnly, eeFindMatchedOnly, and eeFindOutput flags were added to the Find method of the Selection object.
- Fixed the bug where the Find in Files with Onigmo regular expressions could crash EmEditor.
- Fixed the bug where the Delete and Undo under the virtual space mode did not work correctly.
- Fixed certain bugs related to the CSV cell mode.
- Improved the behavior when a critical error in file read/write occurs.
Please see EmEditor v16.0 New Features for details.
To update, you can select Check for Updates on the Help, or you can go to the Download page to download the newest version.
In order to reduce the installer size, the Help file is not included in the installer. You can view the Web Help with your browser, or download the separate Help file. If you would like to download the separate local Help file, please go to the Download Help page.
This version is available free if you have a lifetime license or if your maintenance plan is valid as of May 24, 2016. Your registration keys might be found in the Emurasoft Customer Center. The registration key for v16 is the same as the key for v15 and v14.
Please also read: Announcing our policy change to rapid development, and introducing a maintenance plan.
Thank you for using EmEditor!