Today, we are releasing EmEditor v15.6.0 beta 1.
Notes: In order to update automatically to future beta versions, please select Select Update Channel on the Help menu, and select Betas.
Updates from v15.5.1 include:
New General Features
- You can now select the update channel. Selecting the beta channel will notify you all updates including betas.
- The Quick Launch window (CTRL + Q) allows you to enter ‘@’ to show the symbol list for the current document source code, and ‘@’ plus a keyword to show the symbol list that contains the specified keyword from the current document.
- The existing WrapTags.jsee macro was assigned to shortcut Ctrl + Shift + ,.
- The following four macros are added.
- SymbolList.jsee (Displays the symbol list for the current source code)
- GoToDefinition.jsee (Jumps to the definition of the function at the cursor, shortcut F12)
- PopBrowseContext.jsee (Returns from the definition, shortcut Ctrl + Num *)
- ParameterInfo.jsee (Displays the parameter information as a tooltip when the cursor is inside the parentheses of a function, shortcut Ctrl + Shift + Space)
- The Show Fixed Pitch Fonts Only check box was added to the Customize Font dialog box.
- Select Update Channel
Plug-in New Features
- The Projects plug-in supports 7 new user messages. These new user message can be used by defining USE_PROJECTS_PLUGIN before including the plug-in.h.
- Fixed the issue on v15.5.x where the standard input for external tools might not have worked correctly.
We would like to find as many bugs as possible before we release the new version. Please try it out now and let us know if you find any bugs.
To download or see changes, please go to the beta forum – EmEditor Professional v15.6.0 beta 1 released!.
Thank you for using EmEditor!