Forum Replies Created
- December 5, 2008 at 3:38 am in reply to: [Bug]8.00 can not correctly display the encoding notify on opening file #6706
OK. Maybe I had a strange file…
8.01 works with no problem now.November 29, 2008 at 2:05 pm in reply to: [Bug]8.00 can not correctly display the encoding notify on opening file #6685
For example, my system language is English (US) now, and I want to open a Japanese encoded text.
I double clicked the text file and:
7.02 and below would display “Some characters cannot be converted using the specified encoding. The file will be corrupted if you continue editing and save the file.”. Then “OK” to continue or “Cancel”.
8.00 would “flash” (may be this was the notify?). And then nothing happened.
I edited the emeditor.txt open command as “EmEditor DirEMEDITOR.EXE” /sp “\%1”, now the problem disappear.
But the edit function of 7-Zip still unavailable, because /sp can’t be added.
1. Make a zip or 7z archive with 2 txt files (e.g., 1.txt, 2.txt).
2. Open the archive with 7-Zip.
3. Dbl Click 1.txt in 7-Zip, it’s opened by EmEditor.
4. DON’T close 1.txt, Dbl click 2.txt in 7-Zip.
Then EmEditor said system can’t find the specified path (tempdir7zXX.tmp2.txt), 2.txt can’t be opened.
EmEditor 7.00 all RCs
Save settings in INI files
Open or edit file with EmEditor in 7-Zip
When you open the first file in 7-Zip, it’s OK. But on the second file, EmEditor said system can’t find the specified path.
If you save settings in the registry, or you enabled tabs, there are no problems at all.
Maybe you should make more RCs… :-?