Today, we are releasing EmEditor v14.8.0.
This new version adds important features with big data analysis and database file editing in mind.
Updates from v14.7.1 include:
New General Features
- The new Join CSV feature allows you to merge two CSV documents specifying key columns, using a method similar to JOIN operations (INNER JOIN, OUTER JOIN, RIGHT JOIN and LEFT JOIN) in SQL.
- The new Delete Duplicate Lines (Advanced) feature allows you to specify which columns to inspect for duplication, and optionally ignore empty lines.
- The ruler can now display the column index while in a CSV mode.
- The new macro flag to remove the last used filter level.
- The Non-standard implementation of percent encoding (%uxxxx format) is now highlighted and can be decoded by right-cicking the tooltip and select Convert, or by using the Universal Character Names to Unicode command.
- The Join CSV dialog box was added.
- The Delete Duplicate Lines dialog box was added.
- The First lines to detect text box and the Adjust Separator Positions in Visual Lines Only check box were added to the CSV tab of Customize dialog box.
- Delete Duplicate Lines (Advanced)
- Join CSV
Macro New Features
- The eeFindRemoveLast flag was added to the Filter method.
- The Join method was added to the Editor object.
Plug-in API New Features
- The FLAG_FIND_REMOVE_LAST flag was added to the Editor_Filter inline function and the FILTER_INFO structure.
- The EE_JOIN message, Editor_Join inline function, and JOIN_INFO structure were added.
- Fixed the bug where the check box status in the list in the Batch Replace dialog box might have changed when the Up button is pressed.
- Fixed the bug where the Find in Files result document always becomes the Text configuration even if the default configuration is set.
To update, you can select Check for Updates on the Help, or you can go to the download page to download the newest version.
This version is available free if you have a lifetime license or if your maintenance plan is valid as of February 2, 2015. Your registration keys might be found in the Resend Keys page of Emurasoft Customer Center.
Thank you for using EmEditor.