Today, we are releasing EmEditor v15.1.0.
Updates from v15.0.2 include:
New General Features
- Greatly improved the execution speed of Find, Replace All, Filter, Undo Replace All, and Select All Occurrences commands. When dealing with large files (more than 10,000 lines), these commands run as multi-threads.
- EmEditor can be customized to show the execution time for many tasks.
- Added the Extract Columns command, which allows you to extract specified columns in the CSV document and create a new document.
- When search is made, the status bar shows clear separation between matched occurrences and matched lines after search (there might be more than one occurrences in a single line).
- Find in Files now allows you to ignore binary files.
- Allows you to perform a per-user install. A per-user install will not display User Account Control (UAC) prompts on Windows 7 or later. The per-user install is possible by selecting the Only for me radio button on the Installation Type dialog during the install. If a quiet install is made inside the Command Prompt, add the “MSIINSTALLPERUSER=1” option. The Installation Type cannot be changed during updates.
- .eeWorkspace files are now associated with EmEditor. Double-clicking .eeWorkspace files can now restore the workspace with EmEditor.
- All the shortcut settings can be changed now even in the per-user install.
- The Associate with EmEditor dialog box can be accessed without administrative privileges now.
- The text editor is now horizontally scrolled when necessary when a user selects a column in the Column drop-down list on the Filter toolbar so that the specified column will become visible.
- A context menu now appears when each item in the status bar is right-clicked, and selecting the Copy will copy the contents to the Clipboard.
- The Extract Columns dialog box was added.
- The Show Execution Time check box was added to the Status tab of the Customize dialog box.
- The Ignore Binary Files and the Show Ignored Files in Results check boxes in the Advanced dialog box.
- The Display a tray icon when EmEditor launches check box was added to the Shortcut tab of the Customize dialog box.
- All the contents in the Customize More Shortcuts dialog box were moved to the Shortcut tab of the Customize dialog box.
- In the Header and footer page of the Split Current Document into Several Files wizard, the Header [>] menu now contains $(FirstLine), which allows you to insert the first line of the document as the header.
- The Number of Threads drop-down list box was added to the Advanced tab of the Customize dialog box.
- Extract Columns
- Select CSV Column with Headings
- Fixed the bug related to Korean IME in the Filter Bar.
- Fixed the bug where EmEditor might have crashed when opening a very large file while the Outline Guide is enabled.
- Fixed the bug where EmEditor might have crashed when trying to open the Find in Files dialog while the Find dialog is opened.
To update, you can select Check for Updates on the Help, or you can go to the download page to download the newest version.
Notes: If you have already installed v15.1.0 beta 4 – RC 3, you might experience an error while you upgrade. If this happens, please uninstall the previous version first, and then instsall the new version.
This version is available free if you have a lifetime license or if your maintenance plan is valid as of May 11, 2015. Your registration keys might be found in the Emurasoft Customer Center. The registration key for v15 is the same as the key for v14.
Thank you for using EmEditor!