Today, we are releasing EmEditor v15.1.4.
Updates from v15.1.2 include:
- A dialog box will appear when file associations are migrated during the install.
- Improved the Find/Replace speed with smaller files.
- Improved the Find speed when the Count Matches check box is checked.
- During extract to a new file in various commands, the same encoding as the original file will be set to the new document.
- After comparing documents, rescan will not change the window positions anymore.
- Fixed installer related issues.
- Fixed the bug where EmEditor could freeze when trying to search during opening a very large file.
- Fixed the bug in highlighting after comment/uncomment.
- Fixed the bug in display after aborting the replace all.
- Fixed the bug where line selection might have been difficult after comparing documents.
To update, you can select Check for Updates on the Help, or you can go to the download page to download the newest version.
Important: The digital signature of the installer was renewed. For this reason, after you download, there might be a message, “… is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer.” When you try to run the installer, there might be a message, “Windows protected your PC. Windows SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.”, but clicking the “More info”, and click the “Run anyway” will install the program. This is due to our new digital certificate, which is not registered in the Microsoft database. It is safe to install, and there is no harm to your PC. We anticipate that the warning message will go away once this distribution is widespread.
This version is available free if you have a lifetime license or if your maintenance plan is valid as of June 10, 2015. Your registration keys might be found in the Emurasoft Customer Center. The registration key for v15 is the same as the key for v14.
Thank you for using EmEditor!