Today, we are releasing EmEditor v15.2.0.
Updates from v15.1.7 include:
New General Features
- Greatly improved the execution speed of Replace All while selecting a column of a CSV document, deleting vertical selection, and Undo after Replace All.
- You can now select CSV columns, and drag and drop columns to reorder or copy columns.
- You can now detect invalid double quotes in CSV documents.
- Help can be viewed in a browser from the Internet. You can still choose to view the local help file (Preference sub menu on the Help menu). The Help file will not be included in the installer. It can be installed separately.
- The Consolas (11 point) becomes the default font for many font categories where they used to be Courier New (10 point).
- In the Tab tab of the Customize dialog box, the New Window for New File, otherwise New Tab becomes the default.
- These dialog boxes now become resizable: External Tools, Toolbars, Find in Files, Replace in Files, Extract Columns, Join CSV, Delete/Bookmark Duplicate Lines, Insert Special Characters, Customize Menus, and others.
- The Cascade, Tile Horizontally, Tile Vertically, Compare and Synchronize commands can now realize the virtual desktops created by Task View, one of new features of Windows 10. For example, in previous versions of EmEditor, when there are two EmEditor group windows which exist at different virtual desktops, if you select the Tile Vertically command, only one EmEditor group window appears on the left half of the current virtual desktop while the other EmEditor group window appears on the right half of the other virtual desktop. The new version of EmEditor can arrange windows only on the current virtual desktop.
- The Record Mouse Activities and Keyboard Input to Other Applications check box became disabled when installed per user. When installed per computer, the "This feature (recording mouse activities and keyboard input to other applications) might not work under some versions of Windows and security settings. This feature might not be supported in future versions of EmEditor." message now appears.
- On Windows 10, when the View Source by EmEditor on Internet Explorer option is enabled, the "The View Source by EmEditor on Internet Explorer feature might have a conflict with Microsoft Edge. If you continue, and if you try to right-click on Microsoft Edge and select View Source, no window might appear. Please select Cancel to turn off this feature." message now appears.
- Repeat the first line as header check box was added to the Header and footer page of the Split Current Document into Several Files wizard.
- The Adjust Separator Positions Automatically check box was added to the CSV tab of the Customize dialog box.
- Web Help
- Local Help
Macro New Features
- The Csv object was added.
- The Csv property was added to the Document Object.
- Fixed the bug where EmEditor could crash when trying to search for the regular expression “$” in a vertical selection.
To update, you can select Check for Updates on the Help, or you can go to the download page to download the newest version.
This version is available free if you have a lifetime license or if your maintenance plan is valid as of July 30, 2015. Your registration keys might be found in the Emurasoft Customer Center. The registration key for v15 is the same as the key for v14.
Thank you for using EmEditor!