Today, we are releasing EmEditor v15.8.0.
Updates from v15.7.2 include:
New General Features
- The Cell Selection Mode was added, and CSV editing was greatly enhanced. If the Cell Selection Mode was selected after a CSV document is opened, the CSV delimiters will be hidden, and you can select cell(s) by the mouse or keyboard like a spreadsheet program (Excel). During the Cell Selection Mode, pressing the RIGHT or LEFT key moves the cell right or left. Double-clicking on a cell, pressing the ENTER key, or selecting the Edit Cell command will allow you to edit the selected cell. Selecting the Edit Cell while selecting multiple cells will allow you to edit multiple cells simultaneously. Syntax check after a cell is edited and confirmed.
- In the Cell Selection Mode, TAB moves to the next cell, SHIFT + TAB moves to the previous cell. These commands as well as Open Line Above and Open Line Below commands insert delimiters automatically if not already exist.
- The Balloon Tip on Cell Selection Button on the CSV/Sort toolbar was added by default.
- Cut Line(s), Copy Line(s), and Delete Line(s) commands can now work when several lines are selected.
- Right-click menu on the left edge of the editor or on line numbers now includes Cut Line(s), Copy Line(s), Paste, and Delete Line(s) commands.
- Right-click on the My Macros on the Macros menu brings up the context menu including the Edit command.
- Previously used SHA-1 digital signatures were replaced by new SHA-1/SHA-256 double digital signatures.
- For security improvements, EmEditor no longer uses the shared section in the executable files.
- For security improvements, address space layout randomization (ASLR) was enabled.
- The Switch to Cell Selection Mode Automatically check box and the Show Balloon Tip on Cell Selection Button check box were added to the CSV tab of the Customize dialog box.
- CSV cell selected text and CSV cell selection frame were added to the list in the Display tab of configuration properties. Thick Line was added to the Style drop-down list.
- The New button to add a new item to the My Macros list was changed to the Add button on the My Macro tab of the Customize Macros dialog box.
- Cell Selection Mode
- Edit Cell
- Delete Completely
Plug-in API New Features
- The EI_GET_CELL_MODE, EI_SET_CELL_MODE flags were added to the EE_INFO message.
- The POS_CELL flas was added to the EE_GET_ANCHOR_POS, EE_GET_CARET_POS, EE_SET_ANCHOR_POS, EE_SET_CARET_POS messages.
Macro New Features
- The CellMode property was added to the Document object.
- The bComplete parameter was added to the Delete method of the Selection object.
- The eePosCell was added to the nFlags parameter of the GetActivePointX, GetActivePointY, GetAnchorPointX, GetAnchorPointY, SetActivePoint, SetAnchorPoint functions of the Selection object.
- Fixed the bug where Find in Files (UTF-16BE with Unicode signature) might have caused EmEditor crash.
- Mitigations for the installer’s DLL hijacking vulnerability.
- Fixed the bug where the Toggle Bookmark command might not have refresh the left edge of the editor.
- Fixed the bug where changing the order of the files in the list in the Combine Documents into a Single File wizard did not reflect the results.
- Fixed the bug where many regular expressions are used for highlight strings can result in high CPU usage on v15.7.
- Fixed the bug where CSV auto detection did not work on very large CSV files.
- The Filter toolbar now allows incremental search even on very large files.
- Fixed the bug where the Find method of macros could cause an error when the search string is empty.
- Fixed the bug where the Find in Files (UTF-8 with Unicode signature) might cause the search result contains the BOM.
- Fixed a certain bug in the Customize Macros dialog box.
- Fixed the bug where the Outline Bar could flash under a certain condition.
- Fixed the bug where the Parameter Information tooltip of the Projects plug-in might not have worked under a certain condition.
To update, you can select Check for Updates on the Help, or you can go to the Download page to download the newest version.
In order to reduce the installer size, the Help file is not included in the installer. You can view the Web Help with your browser, or download the separate Help file. If you would like to download the separate local Help file, please go to the Download Help page.
This version is available free if you have a lifetime license or if your maintenance plan is valid as of February 15, 2016. Your registration keys might be found in the Emurasoft Customer Center. The registration key for v15 is the same as the key for v14.
Thank you for using EmEditor!